Covid-19 disrupted our lives, but thankfully…
We are now open to all Business Travelers
Essential Service Workers and guests with self-isolation needs are also welcome. Business travelers, our doors are now officially open!
For years, Riverside Lodge has had the privilege of providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation to local and international travelers. Our guests have become friends and we are proud to say our loyal client base has kept us strong in the good times and the bad.
Dealing with Covid-19 hasn’t been easy. The Covid-19 Pandemic has indeed had a profound impact on the hospitality industry.
Although we are not yet allowed to accommodate leisure travelers, we will make your business trip so memorable that it will feel like a holiday overlooking the mighty Orange River. We look forward to providing you with the professional service that you’ve experienced over the years.
“Will it be safe to visit?”
Who can stay with us as guests?
On Level 3, people can travel for business, funerals, taking children to schools, etc. If you have a valid reason for travelling within the Level 3 guidelines, you may stay with us.
May we serve food?
Yes, but not in the seated way we were used to. Breakfasts and lunches will be served in the form of a breakfast/lunch packs. Dinner Vouchers will be issued to order takeaways from our restaurant as per level 3 restrictions to enjoy in your rooms.
Which safety protocols did we implement?
We used Tourism guidelines and used Government guidelines on how to reopen a business. The tourism associations have consulted widely across their membership and studied world-wide protocols to come up with guidelines so that our industry can regulate itself. We’ve identified what we consider is best practice, applying what is practical and applicable to our own circumstances.
For example, we are mindful of things that different people might touch. Other protocols include that we try not to touch open food and avoid things that cannot be washed before they are re-used.
Cleaning and disinfecting
- We sanitize surfaces that are touched regularly, more frequently.
- Ventilation is important. That’s why we open windows and cupboard doors while cleaning rooms.
- We remove linen without shaking it (to prevent dust release). We fold and put into bags to take it to the washing area.
- We use your washing machine or dishwasher on the highest temperature setting possible.
- We assure our guests the items in their room have ALL been cleaned, including extras such as extra blankets.
What are the basic “rules” for all businesses?
- Wearing a mask.
- Regular hygiene like hand-washing and using sanitizer (70%+ alcohol content).
- Keeping social distance.
- Disinfecting often-touched surfaces.
- Our staff members don’t come to work if they are or feel sick and have there temperatures checked.
- We make sure anyone who becomes sick is sent home or to a health facility as needed.
What safety precautions have we taken?
We would like to give you the peace-of-mind that we’ve taken all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety.
- We have trained our staff on how to implement the things we’ve promised to do and to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- We have our own Covid 19 Policy and PPE policy – staff trained accordingly.
- We are fanatical about cleaning and sanitizing (in fact, we’ve always been).
- We have masks available for guests to buy for guests if they don’t have their own.
- We apply common-sense tips for masks and social distancing:
- If groups have been travelling together and sharing rooms, they won’t need to wear masks around each other. For example, a family sitting in our garden or lounge won’t have to be 2m apart or wear masks to chat with each other. But they would have to be a distance of 2m from other guests. And when mixing with other guests, we’d request that they wear their masks.
Check-in and check-out
- We’ll ask you whether you’re displaying any of the basic Covid-19 symptoms when you check in.
- We’ll ask you to complete a questionnaire and information regarding travel history.
- We’ll update our guest contact details in our online booking system. Why? Because it’s crucial for tracking and tracing. It’s important that we can get hold of you once you’ve left our property. Also, we might have to contact you to advise you that another guest or one of our staff members had become ill with Covid-19 after your stay.
- We encourage you to pay for your stay online prior to checking in. That way, we can minimize unnecessary physical contact.
- We have hand sanitizer available in all areas of the lodge.
- We check temperatures of visitors and staff members.
We hope this helps to put your mind at ease. We are doing our utmost to ensure that our guests stay both safe and comfortable. Keep watching our Covid-19 info page on our website for updates. We really look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Lodge.
In the meantime, let us know how we can help or answer any questions that you might have.
Stay strong and safe!